Jwala-Ashwini pair loses in Korea Open
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended in the Korean Open after the women`s doubles pair of Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa lost their quarterfinal match to eighth seeds Qing Tian and Yunlei Zhao in the Super Series tournament in Seoul.
The Commonwealth Games gold medal winning Indian pair lost 16-21, 15-21 to Qing and Yunlei in 30 minutes in the women`s doubles category.
Jwala and V Diju had lost their second round match against the sixth seeded Chinese pair of Tao Jiaming and Qing Tian in the mixed doubles category yesterday.
Saina Nehwal and P Kashyap were ousted after defeats in the second round in the singles category yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!