Jwala-Ashwini pair loses in Korea Open
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended in the Korean Open after the women`s doubles pair of Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa lost their quarterfinal match to eighth seeds Qing Tian and Yunlei Zhao in the Super Series tournament in Seoul.
The Commonwealth Games gold medal winning Indian pair lost 16-21, 15-21 to Qing and Yunlei in 30 minutes in the women`s doubles category.
Jwala and V Diju had lost their second round match against the sixth seeded Chinese pair of Tao Jiaming and Qing Tian in the mixed doubles category yesterday.
Saina Nehwal and P Kashyap were ousted after defeats in the second round in the singles category yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued