Jwala-Ashwini pair loses in Korea Open
New Delhi: Indian challenge ended in the Korean Open after the women`s doubles pair of Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa lost their quarterfinal match to eighth seeds Qing Tian and Yunlei Zhao in the Super Series tournament in Seoul.
The Commonwealth Games gold medal winning Indian pair lost 16-21, 15-21 to Qing and Yunlei in 30 minutes in the women`s doubles category.
Jwala and V Diju had lost their second round match against the sixth seeded Chinese pair of Tao Jiaming and Qing Tian in the mixed doubles category yesterday.
Saina Nehwal and P Kashyap were ousted after defeats in the second round in the singles category yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test