Jwala-Diju beaten in Super Series final
Johor Bahru: Indian mixed doubles pair of Jwala Gutta and V Diju suffered a straight-game defeat at the hands of top seeded Danish duo of Joachim Fischer Nielsen and Christinna Pedersen in the summit clash of the World Super Series Masters Finals here on Sunday.
Seventh seeded Jwala and Diju, who have been having an eventful season with two titles, lost 14-21, 18-21 in just 37 minutes.
The Indian duo who surprised many to reach the final of the season-ending tournament lacked consistency in smashes and long rallies though it was an even contest in net play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!