Jwala-Diju lose in mixed doubles quarters
Hyderabad: India’s mixed doubles pair of Valiyaveetil Diju and Jwala Gutta proved no match for defending champions Nova Widianto and Liliyana Natsir of Indonesia, losing their quarter-final match at the World Badminton Championships here Friday.
The eighth-seeded Indian pair failed to put up a fight in their 16-21, 14-21 loss to the second-seeds at the Balayogi indoor stadium at Gachibowli.
“We had beaten them once before but today they dominated and never gave us a chance. We should have slowed down the game as whenever we played slow we got the points. We should have stuck to it,” Jwala said.
“We should have gone for long rallies, but lost patience and gave them some quick points. They used all their experience today.”
Jwala and Diju were leading 9-6 at one point in the first game but could not hold onto the advantage.
“We started well but they were good at defending. When we played them last time we made them move a lot,” said Diju.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor