Jwala keeps India in the hunt
New Delhi: Indian shuttler Jwala Gutta
paired up with V Diju and Ashwini Popanna to enter
quarterfinals of mixed and women`s doubles events respectively
in the Chinese Taipei Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament
Third seed Jwala-Diju beat local pair Hong-Ling Chen and
Pie Chen Hsien 25-23 21-15 to set up a quarterfinal clash with
Korean qualifiers Baek Cheol Shin and Hyun Young Yoo tomorrow.
Jwala notched up a double delight as she partnered
Ashwini to defeat eighth seed Malaysian pair of Nairul Suhada
Abdul Latif and Amelia Alicia Anscelly 21-15 21-15.
The Indian pair will next face fourth seed Chinese pair
of Wei yang and Jiewen Zhang tomorrow.
However, India`s men`s doubles pair of Rupesh Kumar and
Sanave Thomas couldn`t emulate their women counterparts and
went down 17-21 18-21 to Malaysian pair of Teik Chai Gan and
Bin Shen Tan in the second round.
In men`s singles, 13th seed P Kashyap lost his third
round match against Tommy Sugiarto of Indonesia 8-21 12-23,
while Ajay Jayaram went down to eight seed A Kumiawan Tedjono
of Indonesia 17-21,21-13, 21-21.
Chetan Anand, Anup Sridhar and Aditi Mutatkar crashed out
of the tournament yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!