JWT acquires majority stake in Encompass
New Delhi, Jan 28: Media and Communication
conglomerate WPP today said it has acquired a majority stake
in Indian event management company Encompass for an
Encompass would be aligned with JWT, WPP's Indian
advertising operations. The event management firm's founders
Roshan Abbas and Sukrit Singh will remain in their current
positions of Managing Director and CEO respectively to ensure
a smooth transition, WPP said in a statement said.
"JWT has been working with Encompass on several client
engagements and this transaction is a natural extension of our
established relationship," JWT president Michael Maedel said
in the statement.
"The founders, Roshan Abbas and Sukrit Singh, have been
integral to the phenomenal success of Encompass and will
remain in their current positions of leadership to ensure
continued success and client satisfaction," the statement
Encompass was founded in 1996 and now employs over 240
people across India. It services clients like HSBC, Nokia,
GSK, Pepsi, Accenture, Hewlett Packard, Microsoft and Ford
"For over 10 years, we have been focused on bringing
brands to life as experiences. We will continue to focus on
engaging customers in new and exciting ways but now we will
have a world class network to support our growth initiatives,"
Roshan Abbas said.
In China, JWT is a leader in marketing activation and the
acquisition of encompass extends its leadership in the growing
Indian market as well, the statement said.
JWT is India's largest integrated communications company
with interests in advertising, digital, activation, public
relations, direct marketing, design, social and rural
It operates through offices in six cities and its
clients include Airtel, Bharti Retail, Pepsico, Fritolay, ITC,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani