JWT acquires majority stake in Encompass
New Delhi, Jan 28: Media and Communication
conglomerate WPP today said it has acquired a majority stake
in Indian event management company Encompass for an
Encompass would be aligned with JWT, WPP's Indian
advertising operations. The event management firm's founders
Roshan Abbas and Sukrit Singh will remain in their current
positions of Managing Director and CEO respectively to ensure
a smooth transition, WPP said in a statement said.
"JWT has been working with Encompass on several client
engagements and this transaction is a natural extension of our
established relationship," JWT president Michael Maedel said
in the statement.
"The founders, Roshan Abbas and Sukrit Singh, have been
integral to the phenomenal success of Encompass and will
remain in their current positions of leadership to ensure
continued success and client satisfaction," the statement
Encompass was founded in 1996 and now employs over 240
people across India. It services clients like HSBC, Nokia,
GSK, Pepsi, Accenture, Hewlett Packard, Microsoft and Ford
"For over 10 years, we have been focused on bringing
brands to life as experiences. We will continue to focus on
engaging customers in new and exciting ways but now we will
have a world class network to support our growth initiatives,"
Roshan Abbas said.
In China, JWT is a leader in marketing activation and the
acquisition of encompass extends its leadership in the growing
Indian market as well, the statement said.
JWT is India's largest integrated communications company
with interests in advertising, digital, activation, public
relations, direct marketing, design, social and rural
It operates through offices in six cities and its
clients include Airtel, Bharti Retail, Pepsico, Fritolay, ITC,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead