K-1000 rally provides thrill, sees Dhoni take a ride
Bangalore: Team MRF`s Arjun Balu won his maiden IMG-K1000 rally, the second leg of the Speed Indian National Rally Championship at the Manyata Tech Park.
"This win means a lot to me. Though it was tough for the last three days, I enjoyed every bit of the championship," said the champion driver from Coimbatore who drove 200+ horsepower Mitbushi Lancet Cedia.
The 34-year-old speedmaster switched off and went on safe mode but his racing line and sturdy turn showed his class in the super special stage, where he gave a joyride to the Indian cricket captain M S Dhoni, brand ambassador of Speed, a product of BP.
However, it was Gaurav Gill who stole the limelight with two blistering laps of the two kms of the super special stage, providing thrill to over 5000-odd Sunday spectators.
Gill with his acute right before the hair-pin bend in front of the Grand Stand, provided thrill and speed with his sliding dash without letting off the gas.
The crowd cheered as he clocked two minutes and seven seconds, the best today. This also helped Gill and co-driver Moosa Sherif to bag all the three stage points of leg two, pipping Arjun Balu and Sujith Kumar in a tie, which went in favour of Gill and Sherif as they had fast time in more special stages on day two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida