K Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Jharkhand Governor
Ranchi: Kateekal Sankaranarayanan on Sunday
took oath as the Governor of Jharkhand which is under
Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court, Gyan Sudha Mishra,
administered the oath of office at Raj Bhavan here.
Sankaranarayanan, who was the Governor of Nagaland and
Assam, succeeded Syed Sibtey Razi, who has been appointed as
the Governor of Assam.
Born on October 15, 1932, he had been a minister in the
Cabinets of K Karunakaran in 1977 and AK Antony in 2001 in
Former external affairs minister Yashwant Sinha, former
chief ministers Arjun Munda and Babulal Marandi were among the
several dignitaries to congratulate Sankaranarayanan on his
appointment as the Governor of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price