K Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Jharkhand Governor
Ranchi: Kateekal Sankaranarayanan on Sunday
took oath as the Governor of Jharkhand which is under
Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court, Gyan Sudha Mishra,
administered the oath of office at Raj Bhavan here.
Sankaranarayanan, who was the Governor of Nagaland and
Assam, succeeded Syed Sibtey Razi, who has been appointed as
the Governor of Assam.
Born on October 15, 1932, he had been a minister in the
Cabinets of K Karunakaran in 1977 and AK Antony in 2001 in
Former external affairs minister Yashwant Sinha, former
chief ministers Arjun Munda and Babulal Marandi were among the
several dignitaries to congratulate Sankaranarayanan on his
appointment as the Governor of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!