K Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Jharkhand Governor
Ranchi: Kateekal Sankaranarayanan on Sunday
took oath as the Governor of Jharkhand which is under
Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court, Gyan Sudha Mishra,
administered the oath of office at Raj Bhavan here.
Sankaranarayanan, who was the Governor of Nagaland and
Assam, succeeded Syed Sibtey Razi, who has been appointed as
the Governor of Assam.
Born on October 15, 1932, he had been a minister in the
Cabinets of K Karunakaran in 1977 and AK Antony in 2001 in
Former external affairs minister Yashwant Sinha, former
chief ministers Arjun Munda and Babulal Marandi were among the
several dignitaries to congratulate Sankaranarayanan on his
appointment as the Governor of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites