K Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Jharkhand Governor
Ranchi: Kateekal Sankaranarayanan on Sunday
took oath as the Governor of Jharkhand which is under
Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court, Gyan Sudha Mishra,
administered the oath of office at Raj Bhavan here.
Sankaranarayanan, who was the Governor of Nagaland and
Assam, succeeded Syed Sibtey Razi, who has been appointed as
the Governor of Assam.
Born on October 15, 1932, he had been a minister in the
Cabinets of K Karunakaran in 1977 and AK Antony in 2001 in
Former external affairs minister Yashwant Sinha, former
chief ministers Arjun Munda and Babulal Marandi were among the
several dignitaries to congratulate Sankaranarayanan on his
appointment as the Governor of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?