K Sankaranarayanan takes oath as Jharkhand Governor
Ranchi: Kateekal Sankaranarayanan on Sunday
took oath as the Governor of Jharkhand which is under
Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court, Gyan Sudha Mishra,
administered the oath of office at Raj Bhavan here.
Sankaranarayanan, who was the Governor of Nagaland and
Assam, succeeded Syed Sibtey Razi, who has been appointed as
the Governor of Assam.
Born on October 15, 1932, he had been a minister in the
Cabinets of K Karunakaran in 1977 and AK Antony in 2001 in
Former external affairs minister Yashwant Sinha, former
chief ministers Arjun Munda and Babulal Marandi were among the
several dignitaries to congratulate Sankaranarayanan on his
appointment as the Governor of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar