Kadir starts for Algeria, Ghezzal on bench
Polokwane: Algeria coach Rabah Saadane named midfielder Fouad Kadir in his starting lineup to face Slovenia in their opening World Cup match on Sunday, leaving out the more attack-minded Abdelkader Ghezzal.
The Algerian side was otherwise as expected, with defender Antar Yahia taking the captain’s armband in place of midfielder Yazid Mansouri, who was dropped on the eve of the Group C clash.
Slovenia coach Matjaz Kek chose Zlatko Dedic up front alongside Milivoje Novakovic. Dedic scored the goal that secured their World Cup berth in a 1-0 win over Russia last year but has faced competition from Zlatan Ljubijankic for a starting place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police