Kadir starts for Algeria, Ghezzal on bench
Polokwane: Algeria coach Rabah Saadane named midfielder Fouad Kadir in his starting lineup to face Slovenia in their opening World Cup match on Sunday, leaving out the more attack-minded Abdelkader Ghezzal.
The Algerian side was otherwise as expected, with defender Antar Yahia taking the captain’s armband in place of midfielder Yazid Mansouri, who was dropped on the eve of the Group C clash.
Slovenia coach Matjaz Kek chose Zlatko Dedic up front alongside Milivoje Novakovic. Dedic scored the goal that secured their World Cup berth in a 1-0 win over Russia last year but has faced competition from Zlatan Ljubijankic for a starting place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...