Kadir starts for Algeria, Ghezzal on bench
Polokwane: Algeria coach Rabah Saadane named midfielder Fouad Kadir in his starting lineup to face Slovenia in their opening World Cup match on Sunday, leaving out the more attack-minded Abdelkader Ghezzal.
The Algerian side was otherwise as expected, with defender Antar Yahia taking the captain’s armband in place of midfielder Yazid Mansouri, who was dropped on the eve of the Group C clash.
Slovenia coach Matjaz Kek chose Zlatko Dedic up front alongside Milivoje Novakovic. Dedic scored the goal that secured their World Cup berth in a 1-0 win over Russia last year but has faced competition from Zlatan Ljubijankic for a starting place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!