Kadir starts for Algeria, Ghezzal on bench
Polokwane: Algeria coach Rabah Saadane named midfielder Fouad Kadir in his starting lineup to face Slovenia in their opening World Cup match on Sunday, leaving out the more attack-minded Abdelkader Ghezzal.
The Algerian side was otherwise as expected, with defender Antar Yahia taking the captain’s armband in place of midfielder Yazid Mansouri, who was dropped on the eve of the Group C clash.
Slovenia coach Matjaz Kek chose Zlatko Dedic up front alongside Milivoje Novakovic. Dedic scored the goal that secured their World Cup berth in a 1-0 win over Russia last year but has faced competition from Zlatan Ljubijankic for a starting place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation