Kadir starts for Algeria, Ghezzal on bench
Polokwane: Algeria coach Rabah Saadane named midfielder Fouad Kadir in his starting lineup to face Slovenia in their opening World Cup match on Sunday, leaving out the more attack-minded Abdelkader Ghezzal.
The Algerian side was otherwise as expected, with defender Antar Yahia taking the captain’s armband in place of midfielder Yazid Mansouri, who was dropped on the eve of the Group C clash.
Slovenia coach Matjaz Kek chose Zlatko Dedic up front alongside Milivoje Novakovic. Dedic scored the goal that secured their World Cup berth in a 1-0 win over Russia last year but has faced competition from Zlatan Ljubijankic for a starting place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Tiger Shroff wants to do clean, noble characters
- Divorce rates lowest among Hindus; more prevalent in Muslims, reveals latest Census data | Know details
- Persistent cough? Five possible causes and why you should see your doctor!
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai