Kalmadi discharged from AIIMS, back in Tihar
New Delhi: Jailed former Commonwealth Games (CWG) Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi was discharged from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Thursday evening after undergoing several tests for dementia and a number of tests of his vital parameters.
"He was discharged at 5.45 p.m. today (Thursday) from the hospital and reached the prison premises around 7 p.m.," a Tihar jail official said.
Kalmadi was admitted in AIIMS Monday for a detailed physical check up.
"He was admitted to the cardio neurosciences department in the hospital. He has undergone cardiac, neuro and endrocrinology testing in the past three days of his stay in the hospital. The test reports have been sent to the jail authorities," a senior doctor in AIIMS said.
Kalmadi, 67, has been lodged in Tihar jail for about three months now over the multi-crore Commonwealth Games scam.
"Jail authorities had to deposit an amount of Rs.12,000 as fees for conducting the tests. Kalmadi`s CGHS (central government health scheme) card and ID card was also produced before he was admitted," an AIIMS official told IANS on condition of anonymity.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) May 20 filed its first charge sheet in the case against Kalmadi and 10 others. The charge sheet described the former CWG organising committee chief as a prime accused and the mastermind in a corruption case related to financial irregularities in awarding a Rs.141 crore contract for timing, scoring and result equipment for the October 2010 mega sporting event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Under construction building collapses in Hyderabad, several labourers trapped
- What a dance! Pakistan's 'Hrithik Roshan' enthralls judges of America's Got Talent - WATCH
- BSF, Pakistan Rangers to hold DG-level talks in Islamabad next week
- Colossal buzz! Karan Johar mighty impressed with Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo'- See teaser poster
- India, US solar case: WTO appellate body's ruling in mid-Sept