Kalmadi discharged from AIIMS, back in Tihar
New Delhi: Jailed former Commonwealth Games (CWG) Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalmadi was discharged from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Thursday evening after undergoing several tests for dementia and a number of tests of his vital parameters.
"He was discharged at 5.45 p.m. today (Thursday) from the hospital and reached the prison premises around 7 p.m.," a Tihar jail official said.
Kalmadi was admitted in AIIMS Monday for a detailed physical check up.
"He was admitted to the cardio neurosciences department in the hospital. He has undergone cardiac, neuro and endrocrinology testing in the past three days of his stay in the hospital. The test reports have been sent to the jail authorities," a senior doctor in AIIMS said.
Kalmadi, 67, has been lodged in Tihar jail for about three months now over the multi-crore Commonwealth Games scam.
"Jail authorities had to deposit an amount of Rs.12,000 as fees for conducting the tests. Kalmadi`s CGHS (central government health scheme) card and ID card was also produced before he was admitted," an AIIMS official told IANS on condition of anonymity.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) May 20 filed its first charge sheet in the case against Kalmadi and 10 others. The charge sheet described the former CWG organising committee chief as a prime accused and the mastermind in a corruption case related to financial irregularities in awarding a Rs.141 crore contract for timing, scoring and result equipment for the October 2010 mega sporting event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!