Kalmadi in Bangkok to attend Asian Athletics Council meeting
New Delhi: Under-fire former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi has attended the Asian Athletics Association (AAA) Executive Council meeting in Bangkok.
Kalmadi, who attended the National Games closing ceremony in Ranchi on February 26, Presided the 71st AAA Council Meeting in Bangkok as the president of the association.
International Association of Athletics Federations president Lamine Diack was also present at the AAA Council meeting.
Kalmadi`s whereabouts has been the talking point amid reports that he could face arrest after his close aides Lalit Bhanot and V K Verma were taken into custody recently for alleged financial irregularities in the conduct of the Delhi Games.
Sports Minister Ajay Maken had earlier skipped the National Games closing ceremony apparently feeling uneasy to share a common platform with Kalmadi.
Maken, however, today said that he did not attend the closing ceremony as he had to answer questions at the Parliament.
"I could not attend the closing ceremony due to Parliamentary assignment. I had to answer questions regarding the CWG on that day in the Parliament," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley