Kalmadi`s outburst `unfortunate and inappropriate`: Hooper
New Delhi: Facing severe criticism from the
2010 Commonwealth Games organisers, Mike Hooper, the CEO of
the mega event, today described as "unfortunate and
inappropriate" the comments made against him by CWG Organising
Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi.
Kalmadi today demanded Hooper`s immediate removal from
the post by the Commonwealth Games Federation, saying that the
New Zealander was of "no use" to the OC.
Hooper said he was disappointed that Kalmadi had launched
a personal attack on him.
"I am very disappointed to hear the comments by Kalmadi
today. It`s his view. I view my role here has been independent
in the last two years. It seems I was in position of seriously
addressing the real issues. Launching a personal attack was
most unfortunate. To me it`s unfortunate and totally
inappropriate," Hooper said.
Earlier in the day, a fuming Kalmadi said Hooper had been
an impediment to the functioning of the Commonwealth Games
"Mike Hooper has not been beneficial to us. He was of no
use and has been an impediment to the functioning despite
spending two years here. So we have asked the CGF to replace
him immediately and in his place send somebody who can be
useful to us," Kalmadi said.
The organisers not only demanded Hooper`s axing but also
rejected the CGF Chief Michael Fennel`s proposal of setting up
an independent panel of experts to oversee the preparations of
Fennel has been critical of the India`s tardy
preparations and had warned of "partial failure" if the pace
the infrastructure construction was not speeded up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh