Kalyan dons SP`s red cap, attends party`s special conference
Agra: Former BJP leader Kalyan Singh on Wednesday
attended the inaugural session of Samajwadi Party`s special
national conference donning the party`s trademark red cap
giving rise to speculations that he may formally join Mulayam
Singh Yadav`s outfit.
"Kalyan Singh ji would address the conference tomorrow,"
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said addressing the gathering.
The presence of Kalyan Singh is being seen as an effort
by Yadav to dismiss suggestions that Muslims were feeling
alienated from the party, especially after the expulsion of
firebrand leader Mohammed Azam Khan and Yadav`s closeness with
the former BJP leader.
"Yes, none of our Muslim candidates won in Lok Sabha
elections. But you will see in the (UP) assembly elections due
in the next two-and-half years what Kalyan Singh has
achieved," Yadav had said yesterday.
Kalyan Singh had won as an Independent from Etah with
SP`s support in the Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi