Kalyan dons SP`s red cap, attends party`s special conference
Agra: Former BJP leader Kalyan Singh on Wednesday
attended the inaugural session of Samajwadi Party`s special
national conference donning the party`s trademark red cap
giving rise to speculations that he may formally join Mulayam
Singh Yadav`s outfit.
"Kalyan Singh ji would address the conference tomorrow,"
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said addressing the gathering.
The presence of Kalyan Singh is being seen as an effort
by Yadav to dismiss suggestions that Muslims were feeling
alienated from the party, especially after the expulsion of
firebrand leader Mohammed Azam Khan and Yadav`s closeness with
the former BJP leader.
"Yes, none of our Muslim candidates won in Lok Sabha
elections. But you will see in the (UP) assembly elections due
in the next two-and-half years what Kalyan Singh has
achieved," Yadav had said yesterday.
Kalyan Singh had won as an Independent from Etah with
SP`s support in the Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars