Kanu backs Adebayor to be next King of Africa
London: Portsmouth striker Kanu, who has won two African Player of the Year awards, has said that Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor is a serious threat to his reign as King of Africa.
Kanu is the most valued African footballer in footballing history, having won a UEFA Champions League medal, a UEFA Cup medal, three FA Cup Winners Medals amongst others.
Kanu further backed Adebayor to fire Manchester City to the Premier League title
“I am happy for Emmanuel. If he keeps playing well, as I am sure he will, City can win the league,” Kanu was quoted as saying.
The Nigerian faces Togo pal Adebayor when City visit Fratton Park on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest