Kanu backs Adebayor to be next King of Africa
London: Portsmouth striker Kanu, who has won two African Player of the Year awards, has said that Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor is a serious threat to his reign as King of Africa.
Kanu is the most valued African footballer in footballing history, having won a UEFA Champions League medal, a UEFA Cup medal, three FA Cup Winners Medals amongst others.
Kanu further backed Adebayor to fire Manchester City to the Premier League title
“I am happy for Emmanuel. If he keeps playing well, as I am sure he will, City can win the league,” Kanu was quoted as saying.
The Nigerian faces Togo pal Adebayor when City visit Fratton Park on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack