Kanu backs Adebayor to be next King of Africa
London: Portsmouth striker Kanu, who has won two African Player of the Year awards, has said that Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor is a serious threat to his reign as King of Africa.
Kanu is the most valued African footballer in footballing history, having won a UEFA Champions League medal, a UEFA Cup medal, three FA Cup Winners Medals amongst others.
Kanu further backed Adebayor to fire Manchester City to the Premier League title
“I am happy for Emmanuel. If he keeps playing well, as I am sure he will, City can win the league,” Kanu was quoted as saying.
The Nigerian faces Togo pal Adebayor when City visit Fratton Park on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez