Kapil tees off at J&K Golf Trophy
Srinagar: Cricket legend Kapil Dev and film actor Suresh Oberio were among 100 players who participated in the Jammu and Kashmir Golf Trophy at the Royal Spring Golf Course on the banks of Dal Lake on the World Tourism Day.
The tournament commenced with a ceremonial tee off by Governor of Arunachal Pradesh J J Singh, union ministers Ghulam Nabi Azad, Farooq Abdullah and chief justice of state High Court justice Barin Gosh.
Kapil and Oberio were all praise for the golf course terming it as one of the most beautiful in the world.
About localising the game, he said the tourism departement will organise coaching camps for students in the next month.
"We will organise coaching camps to popularise the game at the local level. They will be provided all the facilities which will groom the talent at grass root level", he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics