Kapil tees off at J&K Golf Trophy
Srinagar: Cricket legend Kapil Dev and film actor Suresh Oberio were among 100 players who participated in the Jammu and Kashmir Golf Trophy at the Royal Spring Golf Course on the banks of Dal Lake on the World Tourism Day.
The tournament commenced with a ceremonial tee off by Governor of Arunachal Pradesh J J Singh, union ministers Ghulam Nabi Azad, Farooq Abdullah and chief justice of state High Court justice Barin Gosh.
Kapil and Oberio were all praise for the golf course terming it as one of the most beautiful in the world.
About localising the game, he said the tourism departement will organise coaching camps for students in the next month.
"We will organise coaching camps to popularise the game at the local level. They will be provided all the facilities which will groom the talent at grass root level", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar