Kapur tied 17th after Rd 1 in Abu Dhabi Open
Abu Dhabi: Indian golfer Shiv Kapur turned
in a brilliant four-under 68 to lie tied 17 after the first
round of the Abu Dhabi Open golf tournament on the European
Tour here today.
The Delhi golfer sank as many as five birdies against a
bogey to lie three strokes adrift off the leading trio of Ian
Poulter, Richard Bland and Keith Horne, who brought home an
identical round of 65 each.
Jyoti Randhawa carded a sedate two-under 70 for his tied
36th place, while SSP Chowrasia turned in a level-par 72 to
lie tied 72nd.
However, senior pro Jeev Milkha Singh had the most
disappointing day among the Indians as he carded one-over 73
to lie tied 88th.
Playing his back nine first, Kapur picked up a stroke on
the tenth but stumbled a bogey on the 16th before dropping
consecutive birdies on 17th and 18th to take the turn at
On resumption, Kapur picked up strokes on the second and
eighth to finish the day on a high.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory