Kapur tied 17th after Rd 1 in Abu Dhabi Open
Abu Dhabi: Indian golfer Shiv Kapur turned
in a brilliant four-under 68 to lie tied 17 after the first
round of the Abu Dhabi Open golf tournament on the European
Tour here today.
The Delhi golfer sank as many as five birdies against a
bogey to lie three strokes adrift off the leading trio of Ian
Poulter, Richard Bland and Keith Horne, who brought home an
identical round of 65 each.
Jyoti Randhawa carded a sedate two-under 70 for his tied
36th place, while SSP Chowrasia turned in a level-par 72 to
lie tied 72nd.
However, senior pro Jeev Milkha Singh had the most
disappointing day among the Indians as he carded one-over 73
to lie tied 88th.
Playing his back nine first, Kapur picked up a stroke on
the tenth but stumbled a bogey on the 16th before dropping
consecutive birdies on 17th and 18th to take the turn at
On resumption, Kapur picked up strokes on the second and
eighth to finish the day on a high.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez