Kapur tied 17th after Rd 1 in Abu Dhabi Open
Abu Dhabi: Indian golfer Shiv Kapur turned
in a brilliant four-under 68 to lie tied 17 after the first
round of the Abu Dhabi Open golf tournament on the European
Tour here today.
The Delhi golfer sank as many as five birdies against a
bogey to lie three strokes adrift off the leading trio of Ian
Poulter, Richard Bland and Keith Horne, who brought home an
identical round of 65 each.
Jyoti Randhawa carded a sedate two-under 70 for his tied
36th place, while SSP Chowrasia turned in a level-par 72 to
lie tied 72nd.
However, senior pro Jeev Milkha Singh had the most
disappointing day among the Indians as he carded one-over 73
to lie tied 88th.
Playing his back nine first, Kapur picked up a stroke on
the tenth but stumbled a bogey on the 16th before dropping
consecutive birdies on 17th and 18th to take the turn at
On resumption, Kapur picked up strokes on the second and
eighth to finish the day on a high.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday