Kapur zooms to second after Rd2 in Stockholm
Stockholm: Indian golfer Shiv Kapur turned in a sparkling six-under 66 and moved up to the second spot after the halfway stage of the European Tour`s Nordea Masters.
Kapur, still looking for that elusive win on the European Tour after six years, equalled the course record which was broken the same evening.
Starting on the 10th, Kapur began with a hat-trick of birdies, from the 11th, holed from 20 feet.
After the birdies on 11th, 12th and 13th, he added one more on the 15th.
Kapur dropped a bogey on 17th and turned in three-under. On the front nine he had four birdies on first, fifth, seventh and ninth, while he lost a shot on eighth.
"Yesterday I just went out in tough conditions in the wind and rain and grinded a score of 70 and I was pretty happy with it. Today I decided to take a bit of the same strategy, play conservatively. This is not a golf course where you can attack a lot of flags or take on a lot of drives," said Kapur.
"I just tried to play smart shots. When you are putting well, that strategy pays off. All in all I played well, but I dropped a shot on eighth. That happens. I will be happy if I can replicate this form," he added.
Jeev Milkha Singh (71) also moved up from 16th to 11th with a round that had three birdies and two bogeys on eighth and ninth.
He is now three-under for two days. The third Indian in the field SSP Chowrasia (72) missed the cut.
Local man 29-year-old Noren (66) took a three shot halfway lead. After Noren set the Bro Hof Slott course record of 66 and Kapur matched it an hour later.
The record was broken the same evening as Korean Jin Jeong birdied three of his last four for a seven-under 65.
Overnight co-leader Jaco Van Zyl (71) was tied third with American Bubba Watson (67) and another co-overnight leader amateur Robert Karlsson (70) was fifth new course record holder Jin Jeong (65). Also tied at fifth was better-known pro Robert Karlsson (70) and Anthony Wall (70).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy