Karnataka to launch travel guide
Bangalore, Nov 03: Any tourist visiting Karnataka will now have all the travelling tips on hand, from the distance between the various tourist destinations to details on accommodation facilities and package tours, a top official
of Karnataka Tourism Department said.
'The Karnataka Traveller', a compendium of information on tourism infrastructure in the state would be launched on November six, to facilitate tourists visiting the state, I M Vittalamurthy, Tourism Commissioner and Managing Director of Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation told PTI.
This handbook is being developed based on the tourist themes of Karnataka including heritage, wildlife, beaches, hill stations, waterfalls, adventure, festivals and so on, he said.
Each segment would detail out the various tourist locations, how to access them, must-see attractions, accommodation options with tariff rates, reservation contacts, tour operator contacts and so forth, Vittalamurthy said.
This level of detailing would help tourism trade in other markets evaluate the opportunity that exists in Karnataka and reach out directly to players in this market for business development, he said.
The Traveller would also be a perfect guide for the ever increasing number of independent travellers for whom such information will be invaluable, he said.
In addition to special sections on Bangalore, Mysore, Hampi Coorg, shopping and cuisine, the handbook would also feature relevant information on oft-spoken Kannada phrases, traditional customs, list of public holidays and festivals,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day