Karuna hails SP`s win in UP; congratulates Mulayam
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Tuesday greeted Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav for his party`s electoral triumph in Uttar Pradesh, crediting him with championing the cause of backward classes and minorities.
"This is not a victory of democracy alone; this is a victory of backward and depressed classes. You have always been championing the cause of backward classes and minorities," he said in a telegram to Yadav as the SP earned majority to form government in the state.
Karunanidhi expressed confidence that Yadav will provide "an excellent governance" to the people and wished him good health and happiness.
In a separate message to Yadav`s son Akhilesh, Karunanidhi reiterated that the SP leader had always "been at the forefront in protecting backward classes and minorities."
"Your party stands for the upliftment of the poor and downtrodden," he said and wished the young leader "a chain of success" in his endeavours for the progress of UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi