Karuna hails SP`s win in UP; congratulates Mulayam
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Tuesday greeted Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav for his party`s electoral triumph in Uttar Pradesh, crediting him with championing the cause of backward classes and minorities.
"This is not a victory of democracy alone; this is a victory of backward and depressed classes. You have always been championing the cause of backward classes and minorities," he said in a telegram to Yadav as the SP earned majority to form government in the state.
Karunanidhi expressed confidence that Yadav will provide "an excellent governance" to the people and wished him good health and happiness.
In a separate message to Yadav`s son Akhilesh, Karunanidhi reiterated that the SP leader had always "been at the forefront in protecting backward classes and minorities."
"Your party stands for the upliftment of the poor and downtrodden," he said and wished the young leader "a chain of success" in his endeavours for the progress of UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok