Karuna hails SP`s win in UP; congratulates Mulayam
Chennai: DMK president M Karunanidhi on Tuesday greeted Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav for his party`s electoral triumph in Uttar Pradesh, crediting him with championing the cause of backward classes and minorities.
"This is not a victory of democracy alone; this is a victory of backward and depressed classes. You have always been championing the cause of backward classes and minorities," he said in a telegram to Yadav as the SP earned majority to form government in the state.
Karunanidhi expressed confidence that Yadav will provide "an excellent governance" to the people and wished him good health and happiness.
In a separate message to Yadav`s son Akhilesh, Karunanidhi reiterated that the SP leader had always "been at the forefront in protecting backward classes and minorities."
"Your party stands for the upliftment of the poor and downtrodden," he said and wished the young leader "a chain of success" in his endeavours for the progress of UP.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged