‘Keep doors and windows shut at CWG Village’
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday said that the residents of the Commonwealth Games Village should keep their doors and windows shut to avoid incidents of theft. Certain media sections had earlier reported cases of theft inside the Games Village.
Dikshit, who has earlier set a deadline of Wednesday for completion of all the work at the Games Village, also said that the authorities would need another 2-3 days to complete all preparations.
She said that additional staff from MCD had been roped in to help with the clean-up operations and that she was confident of Delhi putting up a good show as the Games host.
On Sunday, Dikshit stayed for about 90 minutes at the Village and took stock of the progress of the house-keeping work at the Village, which has been criticised as "filthy and unlivable" by many foreign delegates.
"We only saw the coordination among all the agencies involved in different works here. We also checked food and recreational facilities. The quality of food is excellent. We all are visiting here to ensure that athletes and other delegates who are coming here do not face any problems," she had said.
Asked about the remaining cleaning work at some of the residential towers and inside the village, Dikshit said: "Things are going on smooth here. About 600 flats will be handed over today. I am sure Games are going to be successful."
The sprawling Commonwealth Games village campus is spread over an area of 63.5 hectares. It has a total of 34 residential towers, with 1,168 apartments comprising 4,008 bedrooms which will house the athletes and team officials.
The mega sporting event is scheduled from October 3-14 here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in