Keep hands off my coach, Murray warns Brit tennis association
London: Britain’s Lawn Tennis Association has been asked by their No.1 player Andy Murray to keep their hands off his personal coach.
Murray has sent a stark warning to the LTA as they hunt for a new Davis Cup captain.
Miles Maclagan was thought to be a contender to replace John Lloyd, whose job is under threat after Britain’ shock defeat by Lithuania last weekend.
But world No 4 Murray left no doubt when asked if he would let Maclagan share his duties with the Davis Cup team, The Sun reports.
“No. He’s my coach and I am happy with the way things are working out. I don’t want Miles to be the coach of the Davis Cup team,” he said.
Tim Henman has already ruled himself out of the running, while Greg Rusedski is thought to be keen to fill any vacancy, should Lloyd’s contract be terminated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery