Kejriwal victim of fake Twitter account
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal, a key
associate of Anna Hazare, appears to have become the latest
victim of cyber fraud with at least four fake `Twitter`
accounts being created in his name.
The fake accounts came to light when Kejriwal told
media persons at Ramlila Maidan, where Hazare is on an
indefinite fast, not to get misled by twitter messages in his
"I have no twitter account in my name. I want to say
someone has opened a twitter account in my name and is
tweeting. I have no such account," he said.
Two twitter accounts are active -- iKejriwal and
Arvind_Kejriwal -- updating people about the happenings and
were bearing his photographs. Two more twitter accounts in his
name were also detected.
The account iKejriwal has 609 followers while the
account holder is following his 19 people, including Team Anna
member Kiran Bedi. The account has the latest update at 2pm.
The Arvind_Kejriwal account has 684 followers and is
following three persons.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living