Kenyan Ndereba eyes age record at 2012 Olympics
Nairobi: Beijing silver medallist Catherine Ndereba of Kenya has vowed to become the oldest Olympic marathon winner at the 2012 London Games.
The 37-year-old, who also won silver in Athens in 2004, is bidding for a 10th career marathon victory in Yokohama on Sunday.
Romania`s Olympic champion Constantina Dita, who set the record for being the oldest marathon gold medallist at 38 in China last year, is also scheduled to run.
"Winning in London is my biggest target," double world champion Ndereba told Thursday`s Japanese media.
"A 10th race victory here would be a nice milestone," added Ndereba, who will be 40 at the 2012 Olympics. "But everything is geared towards London."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss