Kenyan Ndereba eyes age record at 2012 Olympics
Nairobi: Beijing silver medallist Catherine Ndereba of Kenya has vowed to become the oldest Olympic marathon winner at the 2012 London Games.
The 37-year-old, who also won silver in Athens in 2004, is bidding for a 10th career marathon victory in Yokohama on Sunday.
Romania`s Olympic champion Constantina Dita, who set the record for being the oldest marathon gold medallist at 38 in China last year, is also scheduled to run.
"Winning in London is my biggest target," double world champion Ndereba told Thursday`s Japanese media.
"A 10th race victory here would be a nice milestone," added Ndereba, who will be 40 at the 2012 Olympics. "But everything is geared towards London."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what