Kenyan Ndereba eyes age record at 2012 Olympics
Nairobi: Beijing silver medallist Catherine Ndereba of Kenya has vowed to become the oldest Olympic marathon winner at the 2012 London Games.
The 37-year-old, who also won silver in Athens in 2004, is bidding for a 10th career marathon victory in Yokohama on Sunday.
Romania`s Olympic champion Constantina Dita, who set the record for being the oldest marathon gold medallist at 38 in China last year, is also scheduled to run.
"Winning in London is my biggest target," double world champion Ndereba told Thursday`s Japanese media.
"A 10th race victory here would be a nice milestone," added Ndereba, who will be 40 at the 2012 Olympics. "But everything is geared towards London."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!