Kenya`s Mugu Antony Ndungu wins Chennai marathon
Chennai: Kenya-born Mugu Antony Ndungu won
the 9th edition of the Chennai Marathon here on Sunday, covering
the 42.2km full marathon in two hours 15 minutes.
Hyderabad-based Ramsing came second and Kiplangatmi
Teivice from Kenya finished third, a release said.
In the half-marathon event, Karnataka born Berappa Dik
bagged the first spot covering 21.1 km in one hour six
minutes, while Bahadur Singh Dhoni from Hyderabad stood second
and another Kenyan Alex Kirwa came third.
In the half-marathon for Women`s, Kerala`s V S Suganya
completed the lap in one hour 26 minutes. Kenya born Margarate
Kiplagat claimed the second position and Chiai Uraguch of
Japan ended third.
In the 10km mini-marathon, Kavinadu Youth Sports School
student from Pudukottai in Tamil Nadu, G Lakshmanan, won the
top honours while Rajansingh and Brijlal (both Indian
Railways, Uttar Pradesh) came second and third, respectively.
In the women`s category, Pudukottai`s L Surya and P
Rani emerged first and second respectively while S
Vijayalakshmi (Chennai) finished third.
In the five kms mini marathon for men, K Yogendran
Kumar and M Ravindra Khade (both Western Railways, Mumbai)
came first and third respectively, while Tamil Nadu Special
Police personnel J Jayaraj stood second.
In the women`s category, V Jayamala of Western Railway,
Mumbai won, A Ashviya (Tiruvarur, Tamil Nadu) came second
and M Arockia Elizabeth Rose (Thiruvannamalai, TN) settled for
the third position.
In the five kms boys category, J Shankar (Tiruvallur,TN)
came first, A Alex and C Subbamaran (both Chennai) finished
second and third respectively.
Coimbatore`s P Dhanapriya stood first in the five kms
girls category. C Susila (Pudukottai) came second and J
Kerchiyal (Thiruvannamalai) third, it said.
In the 10kms mini marathon conducted for Uniformed
Services, Meghalaya`s Sunil Fatan, Sanavas and Sunish PN
came first, second and third respectively.
More than 6,000 people participated in the various
events, flagged off by Tamil Nadu Sports Minister TP M
Mohidheen Khan. He later presented the trophies to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read