Kerala: Achuthanandan inducts three new ministers
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister VS Achuthanandan on Monday expanded his ministry by accommodating three allies in the 20-member council of ministers.
PJ Joseph (Kerala Congress-J), Kadannappally Ramachandran (Congress-S) and Jose Thettayil (Janata Dal-Secular-Gowda), were administered oath of office by Governor RS Gavai.
Joseph was the public works minister and had to quit nearly three years ago in the wake of allegations that he molested a woman.
Last month, Joseph was given a clean chit by a court in Chennai. His party colleague Mons Joseph resigned Sunday paving the way for PJ Joseph`s reinduction. He has been given the same portfolio.
Ramachandran is a veteran and was twice elected to the Lok Sabha in the seventies and once before to the Kerala Assembly in 1980. He gets the portfolio of Devasoms and Stationery.
Thettayil is a first timer to the Assembly and becomes a minister following a split in his party JD-S into two.
One faction is led by MP Veerendra Kumar who has three legislators with him and the other faction has three legislators led by NM Joseph. Thettayil belongs to the latter.
Thettayil takes over as the Transport Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation