Keshubhai gets EC notice for violating election code
Rajkot: Election Commission today slapped a notice on former Chief Minister and Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) president Keshubhai Patel for violating election code of conduct while going to a polling booth with a pilot car.
Keshubhai, who arrived in Rajkot today by a helicopter from Visavadar, went straight to polling booth Saraswati Shishu Mandir where he cast his vote.
However, the EC took serious note that he had taken along a pilot car with him.
"Using pilot car to reach to the polling booth is simply a violation of election code of conduct and therefore the Election Commission has served notice to Keshubhai," an election officer said.
Meanwhile, after casting his vote, Keshubhai said, "The wind of change is blowing across the state and GPP will form the government with absolute majority."
"Some power-greedy leaders are misguiding people by giving false statements but people of the state want a change and GPP will lead the change," Keshubhai said without taking any names.
The first phase of polling is taking place today in Saurashtra and south Gujarat and state unit presidents of all the three major parties - R C Faldu (BJP), Arjun Modhvadia (Congress) and Keshubhai Patel (GPP) - are contesting the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- 2016 US Open: Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams named top seeds for season's final Grand Slam
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence
- Was Osho murdered by his followers?
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria