Keshubhai gets EC notice for violating election code
Rajkot: Election Commission today slapped a notice on former Chief Minister and Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) president Keshubhai Patel for violating election code of conduct while going to a polling booth with a pilot car.
Keshubhai, who arrived in Rajkot today by a helicopter from Visavadar, went straight to polling booth Saraswati Shishu Mandir where he cast his vote.
However, the EC took serious note that he had taken along a pilot car with him.
"Using pilot car to reach to the polling booth is simply a violation of election code of conduct and therefore the Election Commission has served notice to Keshubhai," an election officer said.
Meanwhile, after casting his vote, Keshubhai said, "The wind of change is blowing across the state and GPP will form the government with absolute majority."
"Some power-greedy leaders are misguiding people by giving false statements but people of the state want a change and GPP will lead the change," Keshubhai said without taking any names.
The first phase of polling is taking place today in Saurashtra and south Gujarat and state unit presidents of all the three major parties - R C Faldu (BJP), Arjun Modhvadia (Congress) and Keshubhai Patel (GPP) - are contesting the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof