Keshubhai gets EC notice for violating election code
Rajkot: Election Commission today slapped a notice on former Chief Minister and Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) president Keshubhai Patel for violating election code of conduct while going to a polling booth with a pilot car.
Keshubhai, who arrived in Rajkot today by a helicopter from Visavadar, went straight to polling booth Saraswati Shishu Mandir where he cast his vote.
However, the EC took serious note that he had taken along a pilot car with him.
"Using pilot car to reach to the polling booth is simply a violation of election code of conduct and therefore the Election Commission has served notice to Keshubhai," an election officer said.
Meanwhile, after casting his vote, Keshubhai said, "The wind of change is blowing across the state and GPP will form the government with absolute majority."
"Some power-greedy leaders are misguiding people by giving false statements but people of the state want a change and GPP will lead the change," Keshubhai said without taking any names.
The first phase of polling is taking place today in Saurashtra and south Gujarat and state unit presidents of all the three major parties - R C Faldu (BJP), Arjun Modhvadia (Congress) and Keshubhai Patel (GPP) - are contesting the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head