Keshubhai gets EC notice for violating election code
Rajkot: Election Commission today slapped a notice on former Chief Minister and Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) president Keshubhai Patel for violating election code of conduct while going to a polling booth with a pilot car.
Keshubhai, who arrived in Rajkot today by a helicopter from Visavadar, went straight to polling booth Saraswati Shishu Mandir where he cast his vote.
However, the EC took serious note that he had taken along a pilot car with him.
"Using pilot car to reach to the polling booth is simply a violation of election code of conduct and therefore the Election Commission has served notice to Keshubhai," an election officer said.
Meanwhile, after casting his vote, Keshubhai said, "The wind of change is blowing across the state and GPP will form the government with absolute majority."
"Some power-greedy leaders are misguiding people by giving false statements but people of the state want a change and GPP will lead the change," Keshubhai said without taking any names.
The first phase of polling is taking place today in Saurashtra and south Gujarat and state unit presidents of all the three major parties - R C Faldu (BJP), Arjun Modhvadia (Congress) and Keshubhai Patel (GPP) - are contesting the elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case