Key accused in hooch tragedy slips out of Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A key accused in Gujarat
hooch tragedy case, Vinod Chauhan, who allegedly manufactured
the spurious liquor that claimed over 120 lives here, has
slipped out of the state, police said on Monday.
"Vinod Chauhan alias Dagri has been able to escape
from Gujarat to any of the neighbouring states," Director
General of Police (DGP) S S Khandwawala said here.
"But we are sure that he will be caught soon," he
According to police, Chauhan was involved in brewing
the spurious liquor in Vantvadi village of Mahemdabad taluk
in Kheda district that was supplied to different parts of
Chauhan, who was booked under PASA (Prevention of
Anti-social Activities) Act in 2008, has been absconding
ever since the hooch tragedy came to light a week ago.
Harishankar Kahar and Dadu Charra, who bought over
1,000 litres of the spurious liquor from Chauhan and supplied
it to Majoor Gam and Odhav, have been arrested along with six
other bootleggers who aided them in distributing the hooch.
Eight people arrested in connection with the hooch
tragedy include three women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'