Key accused in hooch tragedy slips out of Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A key accused in Gujarat
hooch tragedy case, Vinod Chauhan, who allegedly manufactured
the spurious liquor that claimed over 120 lives here, has
slipped out of the state, police said on Monday.
"Vinod Chauhan alias Dagri has been able to escape
from Gujarat to any of the neighbouring states," Director
General of Police (DGP) S S Khandwawala said here.
"But we are sure that he will be caught soon," he
According to police, Chauhan was involved in brewing
the spurious liquor in Vantvadi village of Mahemdabad taluk
in Kheda district that was supplied to different parts of
Chauhan, who was booked under PASA (Prevention of
Anti-social Activities) Act in 2008, has been absconding
ever since the hooch tragedy came to light a week ago.
Harishankar Kahar and Dadu Charra, who bought over
1,000 litres of the spurious liquor from Chauhan and supplied
it to Majoor Gam and Odhav, have been arrested along with six
other bootleggers who aided them in distributing the hooch.
Eight people arrested in connection with the hooch
tragedy include three women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery