Key Maoists settlements busted in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Maoist facilities were busted in the Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh through a joint operation conducted by the Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh police on Wednesday.
Key inputs and links were provided by the intelligence bureau in the whole operation.
The operation took place near Ghatakal village in Anujhmad area which was a ‘liberated zone’ for the Maoists, and it was carried out from 3rd to 8th February.
A total of five room semi permanent facilities were busted which were used to shelter senior Maoists, for food storage and also as a base hospital.
The same premises were also used to propagate and inculcate Maoist ideology in young children through special lectures and books.
Of the things recovered from the settlements are combat uniforms, tents, plastic sheets, books on medicine, surgical equipments, medical supplies, propaganda material and ration items.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India