Key Maoists settlements busted in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Maoist facilities were busted in the Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh through a joint operation conducted by the Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh police on Wednesday.
Key inputs and links were provided by the intelligence bureau in the whole operation.
The operation took place near Ghatakal village in Anujhmad area which was a ‘liberated zone’ for the Maoists, and it was carried out from 3rd to 8th February.
A total of five room semi permanent facilities were busted which were used to shelter senior Maoists, for food storage and also as a base hospital.
The same premises were also used to propagate and inculcate Maoist ideology in young children through special lectures and books.
Of the things recovered from the settlements are combat uniforms, tents, plastic sheets, books on medicine, surgical equipments, medical supplies, propaganda material and ration items.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions