Key Maoists settlements busted in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Maoist facilities were busted in the Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh through a joint operation conducted by the Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh police on Wednesday.
Key inputs and links were provided by the intelligence bureau in the whole operation.
The operation took place near Ghatakal village in Anujhmad area which was a ‘liberated zone’ for the Maoists, and it was carried out from 3rd to 8th February.
A total of five room semi permanent facilities were busted which were used to shelter senior Maoists, for food storage and also as a base hospital.
The same premises were also used to propagate and inculcate Maoist ideology in young children through special lectures and books.
Of the things recovered from the settlements are combat uniforms, tents, plastic sheets, books on medicine, surgical equipments, medical supplies, propaganda material and ration items.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, Thane; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur, Akola