Key Maoists settlements busted in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Maoist facilities were busted in the Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh through a joint operation conducted by the Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh police on Wednesday.
Key inputs and links were provided by the intelligence bureau in the whole operation.
The operation took place near Ghatakal village in Anujhmad area which was a ‘liberated zone’ for the Maoists, and it was carried out from 3rd to 8th February.
A total of five room semi permanent facilities were busted which were used to shelter senior Maoists, for food storage and also as a base hospital.
The same premises were also used to propagate and inculcate Maoist ideology in young children through special lectures and books.
Of the things recovered from the settlements are combat uniforms, tents, plastic sheets, books on medicine, surgical equipments, medical supplies, propaganda material and ration items.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning