KG Basin gas row figures in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: The CPI(M) today welcomed in the Rajya Sabha the government`s stand that an important resource like natural gas from the KG Basin cannot become a subject of private disputes.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Tapan Kumar Sen of the (CPI-M) said the country`s natural resources, including KG Basin gas reserves, "cannot be held hostage" to private players and families.
Welcoming the government`s assertion that transparent pricing and the distribution mechanism are under state control, Sen said there is no justification in pricing natural gas by linking it to international rates. He also sought prices should be lowered.
Sen said the government should take over and nationalise the distribution and marketing of natural gas, including that of KG Basin.
He demanded there should be a natural gas grid on the lines of the electricity grid.
The government, in its special leave petition before the Supreme Court last week, sought a direction to declare "null and void" the Ambani family settlement, as also a stay on the June 15 Bombay High Court order asking RIL to supply gas to Reliance ADA Group firm RNRL in accordance with the family deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!