Khade qualifies for 2012 London Olympics
New Delhi: Virdhawal Khade on Wednesday became the second Indian swimmer to qualify for next year`s London Olympics by clocking 50.34s in the 100m freestyle event at the 14th FINA World Championships in Shanghai.
Khade thus joined Sandeep Sejwal, who had earlier qualified for the 100m breaststroke event in the London Games.
Competing in heat nine, Khade could not make the semifinals but managed to cross the qualifying mark. He covered the 50m distance in 24.08s.
He finished tied 41st overall out of 105 competitors.
Sharath Gayakwad has also qualified for the London Paralympics in the 100m breaststroke event.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?