Khan, Digvijay, Jha share lead after day two
Mumbai: Shamim Khan, Digvijay Singh and
Abhishek Jha shared the joint lead at four-under 136 after
round two of the PGTI Players Championship at the Bombay
Presidency Golf Club here today.
Gaganjeet Bhullar and Mohd Siddikur Rahman were one
stroke behind the joint leaders in tied fourth place.
Shamim Khan (69, 67) returned a card of three-under 67 to
stay on top of the leaderboard on a high-scoring day. He
birdied the fourth following an excellent bunker shot and then
parred the eighth by recovering from a difficult position.
The Delhi-based professional closed his round on a high
by converting a mammoth 40 feet putt for an eagle on the 18th.
"It`s great to be in the joint lead at this stage. I was
very consistent today and successfully managed to negotiate
the tight fairways. It`s going to be tough to shoot low
numbers over the next two days as chip-putts are not easy to
come by due to the rough around the greens," he said.
Digvijay Singh (68, 68) of the DLF Golf and Country Club
fired a second consecutive 68 to end the day as the joint
second round leader.
He bogeyed the 15th and then rallied to make birdies on
the 16th, 18th and fourth. The birdie on the fourth came as a
result of a 35 feet putt.
Abhishek Jha (66, 70) of Bangalore made four birdies and
four bogeys in his second round of even par 70 to share the
lead with Shamim Khan and Digvijay Singh. Kapurthala`s Bhullar (66, 71) and Rahman (66, 71) of
Bangladesh shared the fourth place at three-under 137.
Gurbaaz Mann (63, 76) of Chandigarh, the round one
leader, had a poor day and was tied sixth along with Ashok
Kumar (71, 68) at one-under 139.
C Muniyappa and Anirban Lahiri were in joint 11th place
at one-over 141.
The cut was declared at nine-over 149 and sixty
professionals made the cut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical