Khel Ratna, Arjuna prize money increased
New Delhi: The Government has hiked the prize
money for annual sporting honours, including Rajiv Gandhi Khel
Ratna and Arjuna awards.
The Khel Ratna recipient will walk away with Rs 7.5 lakh
this time, which is Rs 2.5 lakh more than the previous amount.
Those conferred with Dronacharya, Dhyanchand and Arjuna
awards will each get Rs 2 lakh more from this year as their
prize money has been increased to Rs 5 lakh, Minister of State
for Youth Affairs and Sports, Pratik Prakashbapu Patil told
the Lok Sabha today in a written reply to a question.
Besides, the Railway Ministry provides 1st class/2nd AC
complimentary passes to Arjuna Awardees, Dronacharya Awardees,
Olympic Medallists, Asian Games and Commonwealth Games Gold
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?