`Khurshid, Beni remarks at Sonia`s behest`
Mainpuri: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday alleged Union ministers Salman Khurshid and Beni Prasad Verma
had dared the Election Commission over the minority sub-quota
issue at the behest of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
"They have dared the Election Commission to do whatever
it likes. It has all been at the instance of Sonia Gandhi who
has not yet broken her silence on the matter," he told a poll
Both Khurshid and Verma were communal faces of the
Congress, Gadkari said.
SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav had also promised to
raise the Muslim quota, but "from where these leaders will
extend reservation to the community," the BJP leader asked.
The Supreme Court had already fixed the quota limit to
50 per cent, he said adding these leaders should tell the
people how they would fulfil their promises.
Alleging these parties were betraying the people, the
BJP chief said for doing any such thing a constitutional
amendment was required.
Targeting the UPA government at the Centre, he said it
was neck-deep in corruption. "Some of its ministers are in
jail and one is expected to go to jail soon."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday