Kim Clijsters out for four to six weeks
Brussels: World number two Kim Clijsters confirmed she will be sidelined for between four to six weeks with shoulder and wrist injuries.
The reigning Australian Open champion will miss the Fed Cup semi-final against the Czech Republic later this month, and the Madrid WTA tournament from April 30 to May 8.
"I think this is a great pity," said Clijsters, 27, on her website.
"The Fed Cup is something I was really looking forward to. But I felt that something was out of the ordinary: There were too many minor ailments, one after the other, which did not seem to disappear. Something like that gets into your head."
"I don`t want to force anything, because I want to prevent it from becoming chronic by any means. I really want to be there at this year`s Roland Garros."
"Now there is no other option than to rest and I certainly can`t use a tennis racket for the first few weeks. We will continue with lots of physiotherapy and exercises to strengthen the surrounding muscles."
If all goes according to plan the four-time Grand Slam winner hopes to be fit to return for the Rome tournament on May 9, two weeks before the French Open where she was runner-up in 2001 and 2003.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?