Kingfisher may cut jobs: Mallya
Bangalore: Kingfisher Airlines may cut jobs, UB Group Chairman and CEO Vijay Mallya said Thursday.
"There are several employees on our rolls whose presence in the organisation will be reviewed," the Chairman of UB Group, of which Kingfisher is a part, told the annual general meeting of Kingfisher.
"We will look at some structural changes in combination of jobs, (and) job profiles as well but without any mass, large-scale layoffs. We are looking to rationalise our human resources cost base", he said.
But Mallya also said that Kingfisher was "not in the business of hiring and firing and generating unemployment",
He said Kingfisher planned to apply for more international flight routes to beat possible competition from Spice Jet and Indigo.
"We are looking at obviously applying for more routes because now Spice Jet is eligible to fly overseas, Indigo will be eligible to fly overseas next year. Before they come in and grab additional bilateral rights, we want to make sure Kingfisher has already secured these rights", Mallya said.
He said that with civil aviation staging a strong recovery, Kingfisher that had earlier deferred new aircraft purchases because of economic slowdown and general over-capacity in the sector, has decided to reactivate delivery stream from Airbus from 2012.
Besides, Mallya said that Kingfisher had cut non-fuel costs to the extent of Rs 530 crore in 2009-10, compared to the previous fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks