Kotak Mahindra Bank Q1 profit zooms 72% to Rs 257 cr
Mumbai: Private sector lender Kotak Mahindra Bank on Tuesday reported a jump of 72 percent in its consolidated net profit to Rs 257.28 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, over the corresponding period a year earlier.
The consolidated total income also rose to Rs 2,345.25 crore in the latest quarter of the current financial year from Rs 1,487.24 crore of the same period last year, the bank said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
On a standalone basis, the bank posted a net profit of Rs 90.31 crore during the April-June quarter of FY`10, up nearly 66 percent compared to Rs 54.53 crore of the corresponding period last financial year (2008-09).
Shares of Kotak Mahindra Bank were trading at Rs 658, down 1.63 percent in the afternoon trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah