Kotla pitch fiasco: Chetan Chauhan resigns
New Delhi: In the fallout of cancellation of the final ODI between India and Sri Lanka due to an unsporting pitch at Feroze Shah Kotla Ground, former India cricketer Chetan Chauhan resigned from his post in the Pitch and Ground Committee.
The pitch curator has also tendered his resignation after the much-awaited ODI was called off after the uneven bounce of the pitch yielded some bad blows to the batting side.
The chairman of the committee Chetan Chauhan, convener Sunil Dev and curator Vijay Bahadur Mishra were among those who resigned after a meeting of top DDCA functionaries.
"At a meeting of senior officials of DDCA , the chairman and members of pitch and ground committee of DDCA including the curator resigned owing moral responsibility after the abandonment of the India Sri Lanka ODI," DDCA Secretary S P Bansal said in a statement.
The BCCI has also disbanded its grounds and pitches committee with immediate effect for the pitch fiasco.
The game was abandoned after Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara refused to play on a dangerous pitch.
The visitors were tottering at 83 for 5 when batsman Thilina Kandamby complained to the on-field umpires, which led to an on-field conference involving Match Referee Alan Hurst, India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Sangakkara, coaches from both sides Gary Kirsten and Trevor Bayliss and the Kotla curator Mishra.
DDCA officials, including its vice president and former Test player Chetan Chauhan, offered another strip to Hurst but the match could not be saved.
India have already pocketed the series 3-1.
The BCCI and the DDCA have begun with their blame game with neither of the two bodies accepting full responsibility of the fiasco while the danger of a 2-year ban looms large over the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception