Kumble`s encouragement helped me focus: Bhajji
Kolkata: Encouraging words from his former captain Anil Kumble helped him in concentrating on his game after his recent poor form to play a big role in India`s victory over South Africa in second Test here, off-spinner Harbhajan Singh disclosed.
Harbhajan, who claimed five for 59 in India`s win at the Eden Garden`s today, said Kumble had spoken to him recently and that has boosted his confidence to do well against South Africa.
"Anil bhai will probably always be the one who will call me and tell me that there is nothing wrong with me. He just told me to be the way I am and I will be bowling well," he said after helping India thrash South Africa by an innings and 57 runs.
"He (Kumble) told me `You have taken 350-plus wickets and it doesn`t come through fluke. You know what you can do and I have played so much with you. You just have to be confident and it is just a matter of time before you will get the wickets`. He was pretty much right," added Harbhajan.
Harbhajan said he also had learnt a lot from the retired leg-spinner, particularly on how to set fields against batsman like Jacques Kallis.
"I would like to give him a big thanks for the advice and even on the field settings that for particular batsmen like Jacques Kallis I should have a particular kind of field. Thank you to Anil bhai for helping me out," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown