Kunal records maiden PGTI win, Muniyappa finishes 2nd
Mumbai: Overnight leader C Muniyappa had to be content with a second place finish as Australia’s Kunal Bhasin clinched his maiden PGTI title when he shot a superb six-under 58 in the fourth round to win the Crompton Greaves Open here on Saturday.
Muniyappa fired a blemish-free four-under 60 but was left one stroke behind Bhasin, whose splendid final round catapulted him to the top as he signed off at 16 under 218.
Bhasin, who was overnight tied third, fired an eagle, six birdies and a bogey overall to emerge champion.
He made birdies on the third, fifth and seventh. His next birdie on the 12th came at a crucial juncture as it helped him come on level terms with Muniyappa.
Bhasin took home the winner’s cheque of Rs. 12,93,200 and thus climbed from 37th place to seventh position on the PGTI Order of Merit for 2009.
“This win is highly satisfying because it’s my first as a professional and also because I achieved it in Mumbai which has been my home in India for some time now,” he said.
Muniyappa’s final round featured birdies on the third, fourth, fifth and 18th.
Mukesh Kumar finished third at 14 under 220 while Himmat Singh Rai was fourth at 10 under 224.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies