Kuwait Finance Minister says no dispute with Citi: Report
Kuwait: Kuwait`s sale of its stake in Citigroup earlier this month was not due to a dispute with the US bank, the Gulf Arab state`s Finance Minister said in published remarks on Sunday.
Mustapha al-Shamali told al-Rai newspaper that there is no dispute between the country`s sovereign wealth fund the Kuwait Investment Authority (KIA) and Citigroup.
"The exit of KIA from its stake in Citigroup for USD 4.1 billion was not due to any dispute between the two parties but it was an opportunistic investment," Shamali was quoted as saying.
The minister`s comment comes days after the Financial Times said that the KIA has held internal discussions about scaling back its banking operations with Citigroup.
Last week, KIA said it had sold its stake in Citigroup, making a USD 1.1 billion profit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday