Kuwait to hold early general election on Feb 2
Kuwait:Kuwait will hold parliamentary
elections on February 2, official media reported on Sunday, the
fourth poll in under six years for the OPEC Gulf state seeking
Education and Justice Minister Ahmad al-Mulaifi said
after a cabinet meeting that the government approved a decree
calling on Kuwaiti voters to elect a new parliament on
February 2, the state run KUNA news agency said.
The move comes just four days after Emir Sheikh Sabah
al-Ahmad Al-Sabah swore in a new cabinet with only minor
changes to the government that resigned in November over
allegations of corruption.
Kuwait has been rocked by political turmoil since Sheikh
Nasser Mohammad al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, 71, was appointed prime
minister in February 2006.
During Sheikh Nasser`s tenure, all seven of his cabinets
were forced to resign over political disputes and parliament
was also dissolved four times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter