Kuwait to hold early general election on Feb 2
Kuwait:Kuwait will hold parliamentary
elections on February 2, official media reported on Sunday, the
fourth poll in under six years for the OPEC Gulf state seeking
Education and Justice Minister Ahmad al-Mulaifi said
after a cabinet meeting that the government approved a decree
calling on Kuwaiti voters to elect a new parliament on
February 2, the state run KUNA news agency said.
The move comes just four days after Emir Sheikh Sabah
al-Ahmad Al-Sabah swore in a new cabinet with only minor
changes to the government that resigned in November over
allegations of corruption.
Kuwait has been rocked by political turmoil since Sheikh
Nasser Mohammad al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, 71, was appointed prime
minister in February 2006.
During Sheikh Nasser`s tenure, all seven of his cabinets
were forced to resign over political disputes and parliament
was also dissolved four times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa