Lady psychologist to work with hockey team
New Delhi: With an aim to enhance the mental toughness of the players ahead of upcoming international tournaments, the Indian hockey team management is all set to rope in a Bangalore-based lady sports psychologist on temporary basis.
Dr Chaitanya Sridhar, a former Sports Authority of India (SAI) employee and a renowned sports psychologist, is likely to work with the players in the national camps on trial basis.
Sridhar had already met India`s chief coach Micheal Nobbs and the players at the SAI South Centre in Bangalore last week and going by indications, her appointment is just a formality now.
"We are thinking of bringing in a sports psychologist. Bangalore-based Dr Chaitanya Sridhar, who studied at the University of Western Australia, has approached us last week and made a presentation," Nobbs said.
"We have decided to give her an opportunity on trial basis and she will be working in the national camps."
Sridhar also confirmed the development and said she expects to start work in a day or two.
"I have not yet started. The things are in the final stages but probably, I will start my session with the players from Thursday or Friday," Sridhar told reporters.
"I met the coach last week and also had an interaction with the players on Saturday during the trials," she said.
Sridhar worked with SAI from 2002 till 2003 before opening up her own consultation clinic in Bangalore.
"I used to work with SAI but now I work on a consultation basis. I also work with national teams whenever they require my services," she added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket