Laishram, Vijay win second gold each in fencing event
Ranchi: Samashakhi Devi Laishram of Manipur
and Vijay Kumar of Services Sports Control Board picked their
second gold each on the penultimate day of fencing competition
in the 34th National Games here on Tuesday.
Having picked a team gold yesterday, the epee fencer
Laishram dished out a fine attacking performance to easily win
over her statemate M Sandhyarani Devi 15-4 as Assam`s Th
Kabita Devi and Sapna Dutta of Punjab settled for the bronze
It was also a memorable day for the Services fencers who
clinched the foil team event beating Manipur 36-30.
The quartet of Vijay Kumar, Kripal Singh, Deepak Kumar
and Basant Kumar beat Manipur`s Th Rajeshor Singh, O Savaraj
Singh, A Chitaranjan Meitei and Th Rajive Singh.
Having picked the individual title yesterday, for Vijay
Kumar it was also a second yellow metal.
Tamil Nadu (C Selvakumar, M Sabarinath, S Thinakara Anand
and V Vinothkumar) and Chandigarh (Pankaj Singla, Mukesh
Kumar, Ripudaman Singh and Gaurav Gupta) settled for bronze
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan