Lajong to play Sheffield FC in exhibition match tomorrow
Shillong: English football club Sheffield FC will meet Shillong Lajong in an exhibition match to be played at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here tomorrow.
The clash between the world`s oldest football club and the emerging Lajong side has already generated a lot of enthusiasm among the football lovers of the state.
Chairman of Sheffield FC, Richard Tims said his young side is fully prepared to take on the Meghalayan team.
Sheffield FC manager Christ Dolby said tomorrow`s game will be a tough encounter, with Lajong having the home advantage given the climatic conditions and outfield.
Dolby said 70 per cent of the first class team players are playing in tomorrow`s match and the team is optimistic about their performance.
The semi-professional English side will play against Assam XI on November 18 in Guwahati.
They had participated in the Platinum Jubilee Cup in Kolkata, where they were defeated by Mohun Bagan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know