Lajong to play Sheffield FC in exhibition match tomorrow
Shillong: English football club Sheffield FC will meet Shillong Lajong in an exhibition match to be played at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here tomorrow.
The clash between the world`s oldest football club and the emerging Lajong side has already generated a lot of enthusiasm among the football lovers of the state.
Chairman of Sheffield FC, Richard Tims said his young side is fully prepared to take on the Meghalayan team.
Sheffield FC manager Christ Dolby said tomorrow`s game will be a tough encounter, with Lajong having the home advantage given the climatic conditions and outfield.
Dolby said 70 per cent of the first class team players are playing in tomorrow`s match and the team is optimistic about their performance.
The semi-professional English side will play against Assam XI on November 18 in Guwahati.
They had participated in the Platinum Jubilee Cup in Kolkata, where they were defeated by Mohun Bagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem