Lajong to play Sheffield FC in exhibition match tomorrow
Shillong: English football club Sheffield FC will meet Shillong Lajong in an exhibition match to be played at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here tomorrow.
The clash between the world`s oldest football club and the emerging Lajong side has already generated a lot of enthusiasm among the football lovers of the state.
Chairman of Sheffield FC, Richard Tims said his young side is fully prepared to take on the Meghalayan team.
Sheffield FC manager Christ Dolby said tomorrow`s game will be a tough encounter, with Lajong having the home advantage given the climatic conditions and outfield.
Dolby said 70 per cent of the first class team players are playing in tomorrow`s match and the team is optimistic about their performance.
The semi-professional English side will play against Assam XI on November 18 in Guwahati.
They had participated in the Platinum Jubilee Cup in Kolkata, where they were defeated by Mohun Bagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan