Lakshmi Mittal richest biz tycoon in South Africa
Johanneburg: India-born steel magnate Lakshmi
Mittal remains the richest business tycoon in South Africa
despite his fortune having halved in the past year due to the
Mittal heads the Rich List, a ranking of the 150
wealthiest businessmen in South Africa released here by the
weekly Sunday Times, for the fifth consecutive year, even
though he is not living in South Africa.
He has been included in the list because of his
shareholding in Arcelor Mittal SA, the steel company born out
of Mittal`s takeover of former state-owned monopoly Iscor.
According to the Rich List, Mittal remains at the top of
the list despite the value of his stake in Arcelor Mittal SA
having come down to more than half in the past year, from 45.7
billion rand to 16.95 billion rand owing to weak global
The Rich List is based on an analysis of holdings of all
companies listed on the Johannesburg Securities Exchange.
Mittal narrowly beat South African businessman Patrice
Motsepe of African Rainbow Minerals, whose stake value stood
at 14.246 billion rand.
Their nearest rival Nicky Oppenheimer was way below them
with just 5.3 billion rand. Only four South African Indian
businessmen -- Ragi Moonsamy (61), Akhter Deshmukh (143),
Mustaq Brey (145) and Yogesh Narsing (147) -- made it to the
list of 150.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi