Lalu`s body language belies his tall return claim : BJP
Patna: The RJD-LJP combine lacked conviction in claiming victory in the ongoing assembly polls in Bihar since the electorate did not want such a government to preside over destruction again, senior BJP leader Ashwani Chaube said.
"The body language of Prasad belies his own hollow
claim of a victory for his alliance in the assembly polls as
he knows it fully well that the electorate will not take any
regressive decision that will bring destruction for them and
the state," he told reporters here.
Taunting the RJD supremo, Chaube claimed that the
former`s political fortunes in Bihar stood drowned forever and
this election will turn out to be the "watery grave of his
rani (queen) Rabri Devi who is set to lose from both Sonepur
and Raghopur assembly constituencies".
The senior BJP leader said that the NDA was set to
sweep the polls with an unprecedented majority by riding on
the votes of the EBCs, youth and women whom the ruling
coalition empowered in its previous tenure.
Chaube alleged the Congress was `criminalising
politics and making money in the assembly polls by selling
tickets on hefty premium` and warned it against nursing
"false hope of recovering its lost political ground by
depending on criminals and people with purse strings".
"The Congress has institutionalised corruption in the
country and the sale of assembly tickets in Bihar is the
latest example of its bid to vitiate the political system for
monetary gains," the BJP leader alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14