Land Rover to launch new variants of Discovery 4
London:Tatas` owned Land Rover
today said it will introduce two new variants of sports
utility vehicles Discovery 4 and Range Rover Sport in October
this year in the UK, the on-road prices of which will start
from 37,995 pounds (about Rs 27 lakh).
Both the `2012 Model Year Discovery 4` and `2012 Model
Year Range Rover Sport` will come with 8-speed automatic
transmissions and will be powered by 3.0-litre diesel engines,
Land Rover said in two separate statements.
While the Discovery 4 will be available from 37,995
pounds onward, the Range Rover Sport`s price will start from
48,795 pounds, it said.
"Improved performance, lower CO2 emissions and enhanced
design and equipment levels consolidate the Discovery 4`s
position as the most capable and versatile all-purpose vehicle
on and off the road today. The Discovery 4 is quite simply in
a class of its own," Land Rover UK Managing Director Colin
With the new engine, both the upcoming variants will emit
230 grams of CO2 per km, compared to 244 grams every km in
Green said the new features of the 2012 Range Rover Sport
will ensure that this car retains its position as one of the
most economical high performance SUVs in the market today.
Earlier this week, British marque Jaguar Land Rover (JLR)
said it has started production of its SUV Range Rover Evoque
at Land Rover`s Halewood facility in the UK.
The company said it has already received over 18,000
advance bookings for the vehicle across the world.
The company had doubled its workforce to more than 3,000
employees in order to deliver the Evoque, of which 75 per cent
of the production will be exported to over 170 countries that
will add about 2 billion pounds to the UK economy.
The launch of the Range Rover Evoque is just one of the
40 new product actions that JLR will carry out in the next
five years. This product creation programme is supported by an
annual investment of 1.5 billion pounds in developing new
models, engines, technologies and vehicle lines.
Currently, the company directly employs about 19,000
people in the UK and indirectly supports up to 1.40 lakh jobs
through its supply chain, dealer network and associated
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH