L&T bags Rs 2,000 cr order from GMR group
Mumbai: Engineering firm Larsen & Toubro
on Thursday said it has received an order worth over Rs 2,000 crore
from GMR Energy for setting up a gas-based power plant in
Under the scope of the order, L&T would set up the
gas-based power plant at Vemagiri, near Rajamundry in Andhra
Pradesh, Larsen & Toubro said in a filing to the Bombay Stock
The project is expected to be completed in the 11th plan.
L&T`s subsidiary L&T-Sargent and Lundy would carry out
the plant integration and detailed engineering.
The construction, installation, commissioning and project
management would be done by L&T.
As part of the order, L&T would design and manufacture
critical equipment for the plant like heat recovery steam
generators, switchgear and cooling towers among other things.
Shares of the company were trading at Rs 1,645.75, up
0.61 per cent on the BSE in morning trade.
Earlier, L&T had set up a similar plant of 388.5 MW for
the GMR group at the same location that was commissioned in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...