L&T bags Rs 2,000 cr order from GMR group
Mumbai: Engineering firm Larsen & Toubro
on Thursday said it has received an order worth over Rs 2,000 crore
from GMR Energy for setting up a gas-based power plant in
Under the scope of the order, L&T would set up the
gas-based power plant at Vemagiri, near Rajamundry in Andhra
Pradesh, Larsen & Toubro said in a filing to the Bombay Stock
The project is expected to be completed in the 11th plan.
L&T`s subsidiary L&T-Sargent and Lundy would carry out
the plant integration and detailed engineering.
The construction, installation, commissioning and project
management would be done by L&T.
As part of the order, L&T would design and manufacture
critical equipment for the plant like heat recovery steam
generators, switchgear and cooling towers among other things.
Shares of the company were trading at Rs 1,645.75, up
0.61 per cent on the BSE in morning trade.
Earlier, L&T had set up a similar plant of 388.5 MW for
the GMR group at the same location that was commissioned in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'