Lap 1 tangle ends Sutil`s point hopes in Brazilian GP
Sao Paolo: Adrian Sutil`s podium hopes and point prospects withered in the opening lap itself after the Force India driver got into a tangle with Jarno Trulli`s Toyota minutes into the Brazilian Grand Prix.
Starting an impressive third on the grid, Sutil was back cooling his heels soon after, while his teammate Vitantonio Liuzzi at least had the consolation of finishing 12th after starting from the back of the grid.
Sutil started third at the Interlagos before Ferrari`s Kimi Raikkonen overtook him, brushing the wheels of the Force India car.
Trying to overtake Sutil, Trulli came in contact with him and both were in a tangled mass soon, leading to a war of words between the drivers.
"Trulli was there on the outside trying to go round. It was a really stupid maneouvre as there was no space and I couldn`t see him at all," an enraged Sutil later said.
"At that point it wasn`t worth it and it ended my race far too early on as I went over into the gravel. Jarno was furious and said it was my mistake but I just told him what had happened to me. But it`s over and now he`s just got to deal with it," added the German.
Force India chairman Vijay Mallya did not hide his disappointment at missing a golden opportunity to score points, if not a podium finish, on a track that suited the car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof