"Largest transmission line research& tower testing centre
Chennai: Engineering and Construction major
Larsen and Toubro today announced the setting up of largest
Transmission Line Research and Tower testing centre in the
country at Ethanor in Kancheepuram district.
This is aimed at testing the power transmission line
towers of various sizes and capacities across the country.
Situated about 65 kms from here, the Rs 25 crore centre,
spread over 20 acres of their property is the country`s
largest facility, Larsen and Toubro President (Construction
division) K V Rangaswami told reporters.
He said India is a power starved country and that a large
number of power facilities were being upgraded, thermal and
nuclear. In this context, testing of transmission power
assumes significance, he said.
He said the company currently has 15 projects valued at Rs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid