Laura Davies leads Europe`s top-3 at Women`s Indian Open
Gurgaon: The top-three on the Ladies European Tour (LET) this year will take their battle to the wire as they clash in the Hero Honda Women`s Indian Open golf beginning Nov 11.
The result at the $300,000 (Euros 225,000) event to be held at the DLF Golf and Country Club here could well decide the champion golfer in both Europe and Asia.
Laura Davies, who has won 78 titles worldwide including four Majors, is currently leading the Order of Merit on the Ladies Tour and will have to contend with Lee Ann Pace, from whom she took over the lead, and third placed-Melissa Reid as the trio lands in India early next month.
The winner of the season-long race for the Henderson Money List title will receive a Euros 20,000 bonus and a 10-year exemption to the Tour. So there is a lot at stake for the lady professionals from Europe.
India`s own Smriti Mehra and rising star, Sharmila Nicollect, who has won three times on Hero Honda Women`s Indian Tour this year, will spearhead the local challenge.
Davies claimed her fourth victory of the season at the Open de Espana Femenino and now has Euros 269,743 against her name, but is a mere Euros 4038 ahead of Pace.
Pace, currently ranked second with three wins this season, is bidding to become the first South African in the Tour`s 32-year history to win the Henderson Money List.
Pace has also posted seven top-10 finishes, including three wins, this season and is just Euros 4,038 behind first placed Davies.
The Ladies Tour has five tournaments left on the 2010 schedule. All five are in Asia, and three of them also form part of the Ladies Asian Golf Tour, which has co-sanctioned the event in India.
The inaugural Sanya Ladies Open at Yalong Bay Golf Club in Sanya City is from Oct 22 to 24 and the subsequent stop will be at the Suzhou Taihu Ladies Open from Oct 29-31. Then there is the Korean Ladies Masters, which is only a part of the European Tour.
The Women`s Indian Open from Nov 11-13 is the final co-sanctioned tournament on European and Asian Tours. The season closes with the Omega Dubai Ladies Masters from December 8-11, the Grand Finale of the European Tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah